Updated as of September 19, 2023
About Snoball and its Privacy Commitments
Information We Collect
When you access the Site, App, or Services, we collect certain information about you. This may include information:
- that may personally identify you, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, location information, images, videos, telephone number, and/or payment information ("personal information");
- that are characteristics of a protected classification under California or federal law, such as race, color, sex/gender, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, ancestry, or age;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your username and password;
- that is about your precise or approximate location; and
- that is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site, App, or Services, and usage details.
Ways We Collect Information
We collect this information from various sources, such as directly from you when you access or use the Site, App, or Services, from other users acting on your behalf, or automatically as you navigate through the Site, App, or Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect certain information you provide directly to us on or through our Site, App, or Services, such as:
- information that you provide by filling in forms, and any other information contained in documents, forms, photos, images, videos, and other content ("User Content") transmitted by you on or through the Site, App, or Services, which includes information provided at the time of registering with us, setting up your account, transmitting and posting reviews, comments, or other User Content, or requesting further services;
- information you provide when you report a problem with or seek assistance with the Site, App, or Services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us; and
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete or other feedback you provide to us.
2. Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, App, and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies;
- details of your visits to the Site and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site and App; and
- information about the type of device or browser you use, your device's operating software, your internet service provider, your device's regional and language settings, and other similar information.
While some information we collect automatically may only be statistical data and may not include personal information, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties as it helps us to improve the Site and App, and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- identify bugs and fix errors;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site, App and Services according to your individual interests, needs and settings; and
- recognize you when you return to our Site or log in through the App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels and other tracking technologies. For example, we use Google Analytics, which is an independent web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website and app traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can learn about Google's privacy practices for information obtained through Google Analytics and how to control your information at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ .
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Site, App, and Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To operate, maintain and improve the Site, App, and Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site, App, and Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know at [email protected].
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, see Your Rights and Choices below.
Sharing of Your Information
We share information about you as follows:
- User Reviews. If you submit reviews, we may share your submissions with other websites or provide links to your submissions from other websites and we may share your information with third parties. By submitting your email address through the Site, App, or Services, you agree to receive email marketing from us and our affiliated websites. We are able to offer third party services to you, in part, based on your willingness to be reached by our third-party advertisers.
- Services Providers. We may share your information with our agents, vendors, and other service providers (collectively "Services Providers") in connection with their work on our behalf. Services Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and promotional services, mail and e-mail distribution, website hosting, and technical support. Services Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Users of the Site, App or Services. We may share your information with other users of the Site, App, or Services as contemplated by the feature or functionality of the Site, App, or Services used by you.
- Third Parties. We may share, license, or sell your information to third parties for various marketing purposes, including but not limited to e-mail marketing, telemarketing, text messaging, and direct mail.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of Snoball, the Site, the App, or Services, or any third party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see Your Rights and Choices below.
Tracking Technology Choices
Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies, some parts of the Site or Services may not function correctly.
Your Privacy Rights
If you have visited or used our Site, App, or Services, we may send you communications based on your consent or other legitimate interests. You may of course opt out of non-essential communications, but may continue to receive essential communications, such as communications related to the security or integrity of the Site, App or Services, or Snoball's ongoing business relations with you. You can opt-out of receiving non-essential communications from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in at the bottom or each email. If you use this method, you will stop receiving only that particular type of email message. Unsubscribing from one list will not automatically unsubscribe you from all email lists. We only send email marketing to individuals that have agreed, whether by visiting our websites or through third party websites, to receive email marketing from us or our affiliates and partners. Please allow up to 10 business days for changes to your email preferences to take effect. During that time, you may continue to receive email communications from us that were already in process.
You can also opt out of receiving future communications from us is by writing to us at the following address: 1064 S N County Blvd #300, Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062 or to calling us at 801-899-0023. If you are writing to us, please include your full name, and email address, and specify which type of promotional communications you no longer wish to receive.
We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information (if appropriate and permissible).
State Privacy Rights
While not all U.S. states afford rights like those afforded by California or other states that have passed data privacy legislation, we honor requests from any users that wish to exercise the rights described in this section, and we will not discriminate against any user who exercises these rights.
Right to access/know your information. You may request from us a list of (i) the personal information that we have collected about you, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information. You have the right to up to two (2) access requests each twelve (12) months.
Right to delete your information. You may request, at any time, that we delete your information and direct our service providers to delete your information from their records. We will honor such requests unless we are required by federal or state law to preserve the information.
Opting out of Sale of Personal Information. You can request that we not sell your personal information that we have collected from you.
You may make a request by writing us at the following address: 1064 S N County Blvd #300, Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062, calling us at 801-899-0023, or emailing us at [email protected]. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. To ensure the privacy and protection of individuals, we are required to verify your identity (or that of your authorized agent) or otherwise authenticate your request(s), which we will do in accordance with the applicable privacy regulations. We will respond to your request within 15 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request.
Please note that, under the CCPA in particular, we are not required to grant a request to access/know or a request to delete with respect to personal information obtained from you in your role as an employee, owner, director, officer or contractor of a company and within the context of Snoball providing its services to such company.
California Personal Data Classifications
For California residents, the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") requires businesses to disclose, for the past 12 months, (i) the categories of personal information collected, (ii) the sources of the collected personal information, (iii) the purposes for which the collected personal information is used, (iv) the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose, and (v) the categories of any personal information sold. We provide these disclosures in the following table.
|Category||Sources of Collection||Purposes of Collection||Disclosures for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers||Website visits, creation of accounts and registration for Snoball products and services||To respond to requests for information, to enable Snoball to provide and improve its products and services and to allow Snoball to communicate with you||To Snoball service providers to assist in providing Snoball products and services; to users to provide the features and functionality of the Snoball products and services|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Registration to receive Snoball products and services||To enable Snoball to provide its products and services and to allow Snoball to communicate with you||To Snoball service providers to assist in providing Snoball products and services; to users to provide the features and functionality of the Snoball products and services|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Website visits, creation of accounts and registration for Snoball products and services||To enable Snoball to provide its products and services and to allow Snoball to communicate with you||To Snoball service providers to assist in providing Snoball products and services|
|Commercial information||Purchase of Snoball products and services||To provide Snoball products and services to customers and maintain purchase history||To Snoball service providers to assist in providing Snoball products and services; to users to provide the features and functionality of the Snoball products and services|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Your browsing history on the Site, App or Services and other interaction with our Site, App or Services||To improve the visitor experience on our Site, App or Services, diagnose server problems and administer our Site, App or Services||To third-party analytics services providers for the purpose of enhancing our Site, App or Services and improving the effectiveness of our advertising|
|Geolocation data||Your IP address or mobile device information||To enable Snoball to provide its products and services; to allow Snoball to communicate with you; to estimate our audience size and usage patterns|
European Privacy Rights
We do not expressly provide the Site, App, or Services to users that reside in the European Economic Area, the UK, or Switzerland. If you are a resident of these jurisdictions, please do not use the Site, App, or Services. That notwithstanding, this policy provides information about the rights afforded to users under regulations within the foregoing jurisdictions, such as under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) or similar regulations. Those rights include:
- The right of access to your information.
- The right to rectify your information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have your information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your information (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- The right to object to our processing of your information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
If you believe that our processing of your information is inconsistent with your data protection rights, please contact us at [email protected] so we can address your concerns. In the case that we have not adequately addressed your concerns under GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
Users of Our Services Outside the United States
Snoball is a U.S.-based company. If you are a non-U.S. resident and provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to and be processed in the United States and other countries designated by Snoball, where the laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your information, you consent to such transfer and processing.
Our Site, App, and Services is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site, App, or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site, App, or Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].
All collected information is stored in a technically and physically secure environment. Furthermore, access to this information is strictly limited, and the information is not accessible to the public. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all user information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we use appropriate industry standard procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewall, encryption, token authentication, application proxies, monitoring technology, and adaptive analysis of network traffic to track abuse of our network and its data. In addition, we have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, App, or Services.
1064 S N County Blvd #300
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062